Sunday, March 23, 2014

Haiku Horizons "sand"

http://haikuhorizons.wordpress.com/


Good day dear friends,

This week's theme at Haiku Horizons is "sand", sand is not that easy to write a haiku about, but I have to try it of course.

footsteps in the sand
now little tiny puddles -
rainstorm of spring


(c) Chèvrefeuille


Waves on the beach


waves roll on the beach
taking sand and seaweed with it
and rolls back


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like these haiku ... maybe I will see you again here or at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Namaste

17 comments:

WabiSabi said...

I especially enjoyed the little puddles of spring!

Locomente said...

Loved the choice of words...
mesmerising!

Gemma Wiseman said...

The first haiku creates a particularly descriptive image with beautiful words.

Panchali said...

Awww..this is just so beautiful...:)

Reading Pleasure said...

They are all wonderful, but I enjoyed the first one better!

Unknown said...

I loved both of these. They both made me long for the beach and feeling the sand between my toes! ♥

Thomas Charles MacInnes said...

I, too, enjoyed both poems but, the imagery of footprints filling with spring time rain, is too good to pass up. Well done! Thank you for sharing such nice writing! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice Haiku. I like the visual images. :-)

rallentanda said...

both salty frothy
with a fresh sea breeze blowing
very nice haiku

Sumana Roy said...

love the first one...

Anonymous said...

ah ! so classical ! 5 stars !

cheryl said...

"rainstorm of spring" how delightful those first drops are, lovely

Reshma said...

Loved the images these words weave... Loved the idea of puddles in footsteps.

Jyotsna Bhatia said...

Loved the first one.. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the puddles of spring!

Paulo Guimaraes said...

I have not been to this page in a long time, and I am so glad I returned again. Your work is exquisite as always. I enjoyed what you wrote for the theme,:).

Magyar said...

__Ahh... nicely written, footprints in the "sand," creating that "well" of collected thought; the tide can hide. A humble echo.

this sand traces
a herring gulls path
rising tide

_m